Monday, July 7, 2008

googling Robinov

Marc Robinov's son was googling his dad's name over the holiday weekend - perhaps to see if there were any skeletons in his papa's closet - and found a mention of the name in this blog. Marc was mentioned in the entry about Lenny Aberman's CIT Journal a few months ago. I'll let Marc take it from here:

"What a pleasant surprise it was to find your FV Alumni Blog entry from Tuesday, February 5, 2008. My son did a web search for my name and discovered the entry! I was a resident camper with Lenny for many years and enjoyed being part of that wonderful group of CITs led by Glenn [Horton] and Dawn [Helfand] in July '82.

I have been on the computer browsing the entire blog for many hours this weekend. I found your September 13, 2007 entry, which included familiar faces, kind words about John Ferris, and the Lake Champlain adventure trip that you led. That was my first bike trip, which was followed other trips to Maine, led by Gary and Alexis Carter, one to Nova Scotia, led by Graeme Sephton and Ceil Smith (now Ceil Snyder), and the the 1st trip to Great Britain in '83.

I remember John as a great counselor and I was fortunate to be in his Outpost cabin either during the summer of '77 or '78. I also dug up my collection of FV papers and pictures, which also brought back many fond memories."


Marc was indeed a camper on the Lake Champlain bike trip I co-led with June Maiers in August 1979. Marc's older brother Scott was also a camper and later a JC and counselor (in Forest).

I'll add Marc to our alumni listserv now and send a hearty welcome back to him!

Above: Sequoia Village ("Adventure Village") summer 1981. Second row, to our far left, is Marc Robinov. Standing in the back, to our far right, is the VC, the Australian wonder, Ron Aggs. Fran Grayson, wearing one of those Wellness shirts with the rainbow design, is standing in the back, second from our left. Christine ("Chris") Briggs is in the third row, second from the right end, partially kneeling, with the long hair in a middle part.