Tuesday, February 5, 2008

CIT journal

Click on the image above; you'll get an enlarged image and should be able to read one entry in a collective journal kept by the CITs and their directors during late June and early July during the summer of 1982, 26 years ago.

The mimeographed journal was discovered by Lenny Aberman during a recent bout of spring cleaning at his home. "The leaders for the trip were Dawn Helfand and Glenn Horton. Some of my fellow CIT's included: Andy Gold, Jean Potter, Mark Mueller, Jason Comstock, Marc Robinov, and Cathy Guild. The others, Rob, Audrey, and Chris, I remember, but unfortunately, not their last names."

As you see, the entry above was written by "Rob." Here are Dari Litchman's speculations about Rob and others: "I have a strong feeling it was written by Rob Iverson - Rob and his sister Kelly became my close friends that summer. We are all Montclairians! I was a Sequoia camper that summer and we shared the village with the CITs. It felt so cool to hang out with the CITs at their campfire. Our VCs were Fran Grayson and Stuart Duff. I remember some of the other names of the CITs from Lenny's message. (Jon Bell and Andy Wiener were also campers with me that summer in Sequoia.)"