Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dave's diptychs

Phyllis Caputo is here this session - an early-to-mid-80s alumna and now the mom of a camper - whom we remember as Phyllis Gherardi. (Phyllis's sister Denise, a bit younger, was here in the 80s too.) I just came indoors after leading Tacoma and Lenape (some 88 people in all) in an hour-long game of Geronimo. What fun! Phyllis was out there taking pictures. Maybe I'll get a few of her shots for this blog.

I've mentioned that last session Dave Mager was here taking photographs too. See this earlier entry. Anyway, toward the end of last week Dave was working on an informal project that intrigues me. In an attempt to feature individual camp people in a portrait but not deprive the view of the picture the active natural context, he created a series of two-piece photographic portraits - diptychs. Here (below) is one of them. There are six in all and I urge you to go to Dave's site to have a look.