Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sequoia's back

At left, Lee Griffin, Sequoia counselor--photo taken on the last day of Sequoia '07

In the middle of my recorded conversation with Brian Sense--who brought Sequoia back this summer as the Adventure Village--Brian does a Brian: he turns the tables on me. Why hadn't I visited Sequoia during any of my many visits to camp this summer? Well, literally the night after I spoke with Brian I was invited to give a talk/devotion to the CITs who were living in tents out there, and got a good look around. It's wonderfully well set up.

Sequoia ran for three sessions this summer and, although the first session had low enrollments (as one might expect for a "new" program), it thrived thereafter, and it seems pretty certain that it'll be back for 2008. Any old Sequoia partisan reading this who wants to lobby for that, feel free--and you can say that Al sent ya.

I also caught up recently with Lee Griffin, a very talented counselor who spent his summer out at Sequoia after having come up through the regular resident camp ranks. I think you'll enjoy what Lee has to say.

So here's my audio recording of Brian and Lee.

Note that Lee's Adventure t-shirt says: "get your trip together". There are 3 shirts this summer, each with a different motto and, as you can imagine, they've been in demand.