Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hirdstock redux

I haven't gotten a firsthand report of Hirdstock, which took place a few days ago. By Sunday evening here in Philadelphia it was raining, so it seems to me there's a chance the end of the program was rained out or forced indoors. I'm sure I'll have some sort of report for this blog, perhaps directly from one of the program directors. Meantime, here's my last Hirdstocky remembrance for the moment: a photo Frank Gotz from Switzerland sent me, showing Lenape's performance in '83.

And here is another Hirdstock photo sent to me just a few minutes ago by Mike McNamee. From left to right: David Sunshine, me (check out those shorts!), Kenny Abbott, and McNamee himself. I can't remember what we're singing here. Perhaps it's Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" ("I seen my light...come shinin' in, from the west down to the east").