Sunday, July 22, 2007

old staff shirts are in great demand here

The other night I hosted and led a Challenge Night for Tacoma and Lenape. Campers responded to the usual challenges: cutest walk, best impersonation of a Frost Valley personage, funniest non-dirty joke, highest standing jump, weirdest noise, and so on. And of course there was the Frost Valley history and trivia contest. To the winner of that - Lenape camper Drew Glicker, who happens to be the son of staff alumna Robin Helfand Glicker and nephew of former counselor, VC and Camp Director Dawn Helfand Huebner - I gave an old, rare staff shirt. The staff, who crave these old staff shirts, drooled after this one. Drew has worn it several days here at camp since Challenge Night. His sister Allye, who is the Village Chief of Pokey/Totem, is jealous and has struck some sort of sharing deal. Before I gave this treasure away, I took a photo of it. I can't quite remember which year this is from. If you know, please write to me or use the post/mail icon below. It's a funny circuitous intergenerational Frost Valley route: aunt Dawn and mom Robin probably once owned such a shirt, but the kids get it from me by way of Challenge Night 2007. Note: this staff shirt and a number of others were given to me a few years ago by Leslie Black, who saved every one of her staff shirts, going quite a ways back....