Sunday, July 8, 2007

makes you want to get up in the morning

When I visit Frost Valley I like to stay in room 26 of the Castle--the room at the top of the main stairs on the second floor. It's the one with a working balcony (rebuilt by Mike Larison about ten or so years ago*). In the summer I bring along one of those comfy fold-up chairs. Even if I've been out and about late the night before, I invariably wake up at 5:30 or so. Before I go for a run (up the hill, through the villages, and back down again--a loop of about 1.5 miles in all) I'll read a chapter or two of a book, or write a little on my laptop, while sitting on the balcony watching the first sun hit Wildcat Mountain. What you see here is that morning view. I'm home. It's heaven.

[* You should become a Friend of the Castle if you feel even a little bit the way I do about the ol' stone mansion.]