Monday, July 30, 2007

3 Pokey staff reunite in.... California

When we gathered together all the L.A.-area Frost Valley people--who knew there were so many?!--there was a mini-reunion of three lifers who worked together in Pokey one summer. I snapped a shot of the three of them with my handheld Treo and am happy with the result--three happy women, from left to right: Janet Miller*, who was the Pokey VC that summer; Dana Russell, who was a counselor; and K.C. Carnegie, who was apparently a J.C. (I'm sure K.C. will correct me about this.) What was gratifying and amazing to me was that the three of them had not gotten together before this, yet they were all in that far-off city. Of course it would to be good to hold regional/area gatherings. Let me know if you're interested in organizing one. Some concentrations of FV people are in Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, DC, probably Virginia.

* Now Janet Miller Stier. (With our FV connection we also discovered that we were both at Penn--I as member of the faculty and Janet as an undergrad psych major. Before long I'd introduced Janet to Byron Stier, a brilliant undergrad who had taken four or five of my courses. Next thing you know...they're married, and they asked me to speak at the wedding!)