Thursday, August 13, 2015

they met at Frost Valley (redux)

This blog post is an encomium. (An encomium is any great praise. But specifically it's often praise in poetic language to celebrate a marriage.)

So, yes, here is my encomium for two talented people who met here.


If given enough time to think about it, I could name two dozen couples who met at Frost Valley and later married. Maybe more. Perhaps this fact is not surprising, but then again think about it. The work is intense and gratifying and we meet and see people at their best as they push past their limits. Therein a special beauty lies. Am I wrong about this?

I'd like somehow to get all these people together. And find out what makes such unions work so well. The discovery of inner beauty is surely the thing. I suggest we make inner beauty the 9th core value.

Here are Alex Draper and Rae Nathanson. They met while working together at Frost Valley. And soon they will be wed.