Thursday, August 6, 2015

Carole Wellington is back!

Carole Wellington is here from England, visiting her daughters Kaleigh and Emily who are both working at camp in our equestrian program (Emily in fact is directing it). I saw Carole here in the dining hall and mentioned that we'd be doing a Challenge Night over in the east valley at the East Valley Ranch (EVR) and that she should come to be a guest judge. She did, and seemed to have a great deal of fun. The photos show us holding the limbo bar.

I happened to have with me (from a session with CITs I had conducted earlier in the day on the history of inclusion at Frost Valley) the complete camper list from 1968. Carole and I were both on that list. I under "Summit" (I was from Springfield & joined the Y in Summit) and she was listed under "Miscellaneous" (which means she apparently did come through a Y membership at the Association Ys such as Westfield, Summitt, Plainfield, Montclair). But anyway there we were. I said 3 sessions that summer and Carole stayed for 2. Now it's 47 years later and we're holding the limbo bar at Challenge Night. What?