Wednesday, August 21, 2013

just walking around during rest hour

Chris Lemmey, who came here via Dave Gold.
Yesterday, I walked with Lenape counselor Chris Lemmey up from second activity period back to Lenape (Quirk Lodge) to hang out with him for a talk - during the first part of their rest hour. Chris comes to us via Dave Gold, the first village chief of PAC in the middle 80s, and a long-time fabulous counselor before that - and a director a little later. Chris's dad is a friend of Dave, and at some point Dave must have described Frost Valley. Chris worked at other camps previously, and finally this summer found his way here. So we had a good long talk about Frost Valley, about Dave Gold, about Chris's goals in camping and his future
The Sacky staff having a rest-hour meeting.
generally. Good to get to know him. He's been in Lenape all summer but I finally had a chance to connect.

Well, it was rest hour for the older villages, and
I walked through Sacky and then through the outdoor chapel on my way down to lunch, where Wawayanda was then dining. The mid-day was cool and sunny, and I loved this walk. On the way I passed by the Sacky staff having a staff meeting during rest hour.