Friday, September 14, 2007

you make me happy, when skies are grey

Good, good, good buddies: Helen Cornman and David Sunshine. I've mentioned the Sunshine family before, but will have to come back to them at greater length. Helen Cornman loves loves loves loves Frost Valley and is among those missing it every day, but she gets a little extra boost from knowing that her nephew, Dan Weir, is currently the full-time year-round Wawayanda Director. Last summer, as I prepared to tell my 2007 scary story - this one was called "The Cornman Supremacy" - I emailed Helen to get a few details about her years at camp, looking for a paragraph or so. She was at work and yet must have taken 2 hours to reply: I got this many-screen response. Wonderful. She had so much to say! What she should have done with that two hours is added three more to it, gotten in the car, and come up to Frost Valley right then and there. No sense writing about it when you can be there.

No sense writing about it when you can be there. Hmmm, uh oh, what does that say about me?

Well, I will stop now because...I'm getting in my car and driving to Frost Valley right this moment. (We have a Board meeting this weekend. I'll take my camera and will be sure to snap a few shots. Stay tuned.)