Saturday, September 1, 2007

4 kids from Rochester

Several times I've reported on the new Frost Valley-Rochester Partnership, which is perhaps too-elaborate a phrase for the project through which Andy Wiener and his friends raised funds and arranged to send four kids to camp each for two weeks this summer. Here's a photo of the kids and here is Andy's prose about them:

Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod, of course!), Age 12. Almost as tall as me. Kind and soft-spoken. When I picked up the kids, the assistant camp director pulled me aside just to tell me how great a kid he is.

Taylor C., age 11. When she saw my own two girls and I approaching to greet her, Lea and the other RC kids, she ran up to Sophie and gave her a huge hug. It was immediately evident what a warm girl she is and what a great time she had.

Jahtejia L., age 11. When she saw us coming, she came to give me a big hug. She really appreciated the experience.

Leonard G., age 11. This smiley guy must have spent the whole 2 weeks bouncing off the walls! He had so much energy!


For more on Andy and this project, go here.