Monday, September 17, 2007

cold mid-September morning

This past Saturday morning, 6:45 am. I could barely hold the camera still, it was so surprisingly cold. Twenty minutes later, at the dining hall, I went to the weather station and saw that by then it had risen to 43 degrees. I suspect it had dipped into the 30s. Mid-September? Yikes.

It warmed into the upper 50s, and felt like 60 in the sun, on Sunday.

Notwithstanding the cold - or perhaps because of it - Lake Cole was just beautiful at sunrise. Of course the sun is rising behind me as I face west at the boathouse side of the lake. You could see the mist move upward and westward.

As I walked into breakfast I saw two summer '07 VCs - the mighty & supertalented Jay, VC of Mac Boys, and Adele, VC of Lakota. They were bundled and looked ready for the autumn to come in earnest, hardly seeming the T-shirted and be-shorted running-like-crazy leaders from the summer. They were headed out for a day off, having worked all week with several school groups visiting for Environmental Education programs.