Saturday, July 27, 2013

Eric Blum on Memorial Island

Eric Blum's ashes have been placed in the ground on Memorial Island in the middle of Reflection Pond. The other day I was over there doing an activity with Lakota and noticed Heather Bowman and her crew weeding, cutting, clearing, and I walked over there to say hello. Jerry Huncosky and Dan Weir and perhaps others had placed Eric's ashes there a week or so earlier, but I had not gotten the nerve to look for myself. I went to say hi to Heather and then saw the spot. Beautiful. And there's a bench there now, in Eric's memory. It's exactly like the log bench Eric liked to sit on in front of Margetts Lodge, in order to get the best view of everyone in the field and hardcourts while still getting a little shade. So now we can sit with him. Nice. Rest in peace, Blum. You earned it.