Monday, July 26, 2010

minstrelsy just walking down the hill

The last afternoon of session 2, in preparation for closing campfires, I needed to rescue my guitar from my son who had taken it to his cabin. So I walked up the hill, fetched the guitar, slung it across my shoulder and as I walked down the hill I began to play. Then I realized that the kids whom I passed were enjoying it and then I found myself taking 2 hours to get back to the office from whence my little excursion originated. I must have walked through six or seven villages doing various activities, and stopped at the Wellness Center too, where folks with twisted ankles and those waiting for dispensed meds sang with me too. At Pokey-Totem some of the kids took the pick and strummed while I fingered the chords. What fun and so relaxing!