Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Forest staff, summer 1980

I said goodbye to Greg and Ulla this morning. They left to spend a few days with Jody Ketcham in NJ. As we breakfasted and looked back on their happy return to the valley, Mark Gottdenker sat down to grab his own breakfast (eggs, sausage, home fries) and I realized that Mark must have been a camper around the time Greg was the VC of Forest, so I (re)introduced them and it turns out that my hunch was right: Mark was a Forest camper in 1980 and of course remembered Greg Aggs well. We reconstructed the village staff for Forest '80:

cabin 6 - Dave Hall, from Virginia
cabin 7 - Tom Franzkowiak - ICCP from Germany
cabin 8 - Gigo Abdallah - ICCP from Egypt
cabin 9 - Greg Aggs VC, Jim Neilson JC
cabin 10 - Scott Robinov

VCs in 1980: Totem, Dave Allen; Outpost, Doug Green; Lenape, Bill Petrick; Lacota, Dave Gansler; Susky, Kathryn O'Keefe. Who were the others? Write me and add to the list.

This is all 30 years ago.