Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Forest's day - as reported by Forest

Tom from Liverpool (returning international) and Noah Ferris. They're in cabin Infinity (it's cabin 8 but they've turned the 8 sideways to gain a certain elevated status) and over breakfast just now I heard about their day yesterday. There was a convoluted story I didn't quite follow about a "water fight [aimed at one of the counselors] that backfired." There was some kind of mainstreaming combo-village activity with Mac: a Sweet Sixteen birthday party for one of the Mac girls, with a cake and, actually, some dancing. The Forest boys actually spoke of "dancing" at this party with some glee. Really! I swear. Then last evening there was "Ultimate Sicko Ball," which I've explained before (I refer you back here for more on that game). Noah is the younger son of Jan and John Ferris, first-time camper, another one of the alumni children connecting to the place of their parents' dreams. At flag raising not more than 10 minutes ago I was asked to add a "pearl of wisdom." Mine was this: "Whenever you are feeling homesick...come back to Frost Valley."

Last night I talked with the Forest campers of another cabin and made an audio recording. Have a listen. Leo gives yesterday a "10" on a scale of 1-10.