Sunday, June 29, 2008

1972 energy

David Magid was here today, dropping off his son Noah for camp. I can't remember when I last saw him (could be decades) but I have a distinct image of him as the smart, engaged, political, sometimes ascerbic counselor of Outpost cabin 15 ("the highest cabin in camp" - feet above sea level) in 1972. That summer he and Cathy Hale were an item - both very interesting people. Well, today I only had a few minutes with Dave but was happy that I thought to snap this picture. Welcome back to FV, Dave Magid!

Now the photo below won a prize, and the reproduction of it here comes originally from a newspaper reprint. It was taken in the Big Tree Field. It's a sack race - in action. The counselor in the back is....David Magid! Rick Heuser took the picture. He ran our photography program in those days. For this photo
Rick won an international photography contest - for its depiction of the "energy" of the girl in the race.