Thursday, August 9, 2012

one old-time counselor recommends this place to another - and she (the younger) makes an impact


Dave Gold, now a psychologist in Maryland, once recommended FV to a young family friend - Melissa Morrison. She came some years ago, then missed two summers, and is back now. And will be the VC of Sacky most of next session. Walking across the field on this sunny morning, I found Melissa and a few of her campers taking a break being activity periods, and took the opportunity to chat with her. I'm pleased to say that Melissa will be a research at Penn in Philadephia starting in September - and was looking for a few hours of part-time work and so I've hired her! I know (from seeing her in action here) how completely good she is and intuitively know she'll do a terrific job at whatever work I assign her. Work here, in short, is a guarantee of reliability, productivity, and all-round goodness.

Okay, here's the audio recording of my chat with Melissa just now.

And here's a video of Dave Gold made a few years ago during a brief visit. Come back, Dave. We miss you here!