Monday, January 27, 2014

McNair's Menagerie

I've been in touch lately with Shelly Payson, who was a camper at Wawayanda starting in 1963 for four or five summers. In 1964 (I think) she was in Pocohontas Village, cabin 4 (now cabin 34), and her counselor's name was Kim McNair. The group called themselves "McNair's Menagerie." Shelly remembers all eight campers in the cabin, although in two cases no their last names:

Susan Schein
Wendy Schein
Debbie Heilner
Debbie Siegal
Rita (from Little Silver)
Hope
Patty Sellers
Shelly Payson

The Schein twins stay on for many years and were counselors in the early 1970s. Patty Sellers I never knew myself but her brother was Scott Sellers; he and I became good friends during our Outpost summer (1966).

Shelly promises to send me photographs when she finds some - along with informative captions!