Friday, October 16, 2009

wedding at Frost Valley

Jeff Daly and Kelly Zingone met at Frost Valley and in early September were married at Frost Valley. The ceremony took place at Reflection Pond and the reception was held in a beautifully transformed dining hall. Great food, lots of dancing, tons of Frost Valley (as well as other) friends, and family. A beautiful day in all. I've seen hundreds of photos of this wedding on Facebook and took a few dozen myself, but thought I'd present three here. The Japanese-style bridge that loops twice across the middle of the pond was decorated with flowers and became the path for the groom and his seconds. Then you see Kelly and Jeff at the key ceremonial moment, Kelly having come down, with the bride's maids, down the old Forstmann stone stairs. Vows were said, huzzahs shouted, a greeting line navigated, and then to the dining hall on a beautiful late afternoon, only to find there that our tables were assigned by villages. In my third photo you see the table set aside for the Susky women (and men). My family sat at Sequoia, which is fine by me, since the whole occasion was a pleasurable adventure.