Thursday, December 6, 2007

FV Danish network yields fab husband

Mette Oesterby, Danish international counselor from the late 80s, writes:

So glad to be on the mailing list and recieving FV news. Never really thought about it that way, but Yes, I did actually meet my husband through FV eventhough he has never been to the US.... Back in 1986 I was briefly introduced to another Danish woman, Karen LaCour, who did adventure trips at FV. She was always out of camp and I was always in camp so we never really got to know each other. By chance we met in the Streets of Copenhagen a year later, started talking and became friends. For several years she kept telling me about this tall, dark, handsome man I had to meet. A friend of hers from college. It finally happened in august 1994 and I have been with my husband ever since that day. So if I had never met Karen at FV...Who knows where I would have been. Right now I live in the Copenhagen area With my husband and our two daughters Anna and Katrine. I teach Danish Litterature and English at a school for Health Care Workers and my husband works with - Karen La Cour! - at a college for physio-/oocupational therapy. Would love to get in touch with old FV friends: Todd Watson, Barnes, Abby, Mark Ohan , Dari, Dave Mager, Jen De Melle, Christina Berg - lost track of you all! Hoping to go back to the States before long if not before then for the NY Marathon in 2009, will make sure to visit FV.