Tuesday, July 8, 2014

distance from Frost Valley is no obstacle

Liam and his family lived in the New York area and he spent his summers here at Frost Valley. But then they moved to California. Now what? Should he go to a camp out there? He wanted to try to return all the way East to see his camp friends. I asked him, "Are these friends you knew from home and brought with you to camp, and these are the friends you want to see at camp?" "No," he told me, "I met these people at camp here. They are camp friends, and I wanted to be with them here." He persuaded his parents of the importance of this, and--praise them!--they agreed to arrange for the travel. His mother, I think, flew east with him, and is spending the two weeks visiting her family in the region. She'll pick him up on Friday at the end of the session. Meantime, Liam is with his old FV friends and has gained new ones in Hemlock. This morning, as Hemlock and I played Geronimo together, I found myself sitting next to Liam. Here's a photo.