Wednesday, January 5, 2011

my Sierra cup, home again

I received a package today from Glenn Horton. It contained two items. First, a logbook (with entries written by the campers) of a backpacking (and rock-climbing) trip to the Adirondacks which Glenn led along with Mandy Staples many years ago. And, secondly, my old Sierra cup. My very own. Oh, how did Glenn get it? Oh, how long it's been since I was parted from my dear ol Sierra cup. Was a time when I ate from it, drank from it, used it to transport dirt and worms (fishing), even dug with it once or twice. These things are like Swiss army knives, in their humble way. Anyway, it's mine mine mine. Even has my initials - "AF" - stamped on the bottom. Thanks, Glenn. Thanks for never forgetting. Thanks for realizing that we never forget how important these things are.